|The Auburn Gear ECTED Max Details|
The ECTED Max is a selectable traction device; an on/off switch is mounted near the driver. When “off” – the clutch pack (7), which is located behind the side gear (6) provides the limited slip mode. As torque increases, the separating forces within the differential gears increase, causing the clutch pack to be compressed and thereby providing bias torque to the high traction wheel – your performance limited slip differential action. When selected “on”, current is sent to the electromagnetic coil (8). The coil is retained by a clip that fits over one of the bearing cap bolts, making it non-rotational. The coil rides on a ball bearing (9). The ball bearings spin with the differential case (10).
The coil creates a magnetic flux so that the pilot cone (1) is pulled into engagement with the differential case (10). This frictional engagement causes the bearing balls (2) to ride up on a ramp machined into the side gear (3). This radial travel of the balls (2) also causes lateral movement of the side gear (3). The lateral movement of the side gear (3) applies a force onto the center block (4). The center block (4) has an elongated hole that the center pin (5) fits through, allowing it to float. The center block (4) applies force to the opposite side gear (6), compressing the clutch pack (7) giving the user a solid axle assembly – the spool/locker performance you desire at the strip or off-road.
ECTED Max™ Advantages
- ECTED Max gearing is made from aircraft quality, 9310 heat-treated billet steel to make it as tough as nails!
- ECTED Max can be switched on or off “on the fly,” at any road speed.
- ECTED Max does not have any shift forks or pins that must be lined up to obtain locker mode.
- ECTED Max is quiet – say good-bye to noisy lockers!
- ECTED Max is backed by an industry-leading one-year warranty, just like all Auburn Gear Performance Differentials.
- ECTED Max is backed by the industry-exclusive program. D-REX = Differential – Replacement EXchange Program.
- ECTED Max can be used in front axle applications – with or without lockout hubs.
- ECTED Max is the only selectable locker that offers both limited slip and locker modes. Forget the rest - go with the best!
Important Note: The ECTED Max is not recommended for use in front axles that feature an "Inter-Axle Disconnect."
- In the product configurations offered, ECTED Max is the only selectable locker that offers both limited slip and locker modes. Foget the rest - go for the best
|How do I buy/redeem a gift certificate?|
|To purchase a gift certificate for someone, click here. If you are the recipient of a gift certificate and would like to redeem your gift certificate, click here.|
|How do I find my product?|
|To find the product(s) you're looking for, you may (1) use the navigation menus on the top, left & bottom of our website. (2) type a keyword into the SEARCH box. If you have any trouble locating a product, feel free to contact customer service for assistance.|
|How do I navigate the site?|
|To navigate this website, simply click on a category you might be interested in. Categories are located on the top, left & bottom of our website. QUICK TIP: Place your mouse cursor over anything you think could be a clickable link. You'll notice that anytime you scroll over something that is a link, your mouse cursor will become a "hand". Whereas scrolling over anything that is NOT a link will leave your cursor as an "arrow". You may also type a keyword into the SEARCH box to quickly find a specific product. If you have any trouble locating a product, feel free to contact customer service for assistance.|
|How do I use a coupon?|
|After adding items to your cart, click the "View Cart" link at the top of this site to view your cart. At the bottom of the shopping cart you'll see a box where you may enter your coupon code.|